Creating a favourable business climate for sustainable development and investment in the mining industry
Large foreign businesses contribute a third of all taxes in Kazakhstan. In 2021, tax revenues to the state budget increased by 25%, with the extractive industries experiencing the highest growth due to rising prices in global commodity markets. However, despite an inflow of 11.7% foreign investment in the mining industry in 2022, growth in the sector decreased.
- Overview of Kazakhstan's place in global mineral resource production. Current trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Analysis of production and economic indicators in the mining industry of Kazakhstan for 2022.
- Discussion of priorities and strategies to ensure growth and attract investment in the sector.
- Examination of new approaches and practices in the management of subsoil use in Kazakhstan.
- Analysis of recent amendments to the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Subsoil and Subsoil Use".
- Discussion of changes in the taxation of the mining sector in Kazakhstan.
- Examination of programs for socio-economic development in areas with a high concentration of mining production.
- Opportunities for new market development and the creation of new industries in the manufacturing sector in Kazakhstan.
09:30 - Investment opportunities of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including the Mining and Metallurgical Complex
09:45 - Keynote
10:00 - Key challenges in creating a favorable business climate in the mining industry in Kazakhstan
10:15 - Subsoil development as a driver of economic growth in Kazakhstan
10:30 - Rare Earth Elements – opportunity or risk?
10:45 - Development of geological exploration in Kazakhstan in the context of global energy transition