Mining and processing of nickel-cobalt ores of the Bugetkol deposit
Source: Kazakh Invest
- Indicator Results
- Investment amount, thousand US dollars 2 585 904
- NPV of the Project thousand, US dollars 5 465 840
- IRR, % 46,4%
- IBITDA yield, % 57%
- Payback period, years 7,5
- Discounted payback period, years - - 8,1
Construction of a mining, chemical and metallurgical complex for the production of titanium-magnetite ore processing products. The complex consists of two production facilities: a mining and processing plant at the Tymlay ore field and a chemical and metallurgical plant in the Pavlodar FEZ.
- Titanium dioxide – 601 thousand tons per year;
- Special steel-1956 thousand tons per year;
- Silicon dioxide – 76 thousand tons per year.
- titanium dioxide, pigmented;
- special grades of steel;
- silicon dioxide;
Kazakhstan, neighboring countries
Stable demand – High indicators of historical production growth and the strategic importance of further development of industries using steel and titanium dioxide as raw materials create a steady demand for the products produced within the framework of the Project.
Import substitution and export – The lack of titanium dioxide production in the Republic of Kazakhstan, and insignificant production in the CIS, creates sales prospects. Regarding alloyed types of steels, the volume of imports over the past 5 years has averaged 828 thousand tons in the Russian Federation and 2627 thousand tons per year in the PRC. Moreover, at the moment there are preliminary contracts for the supply of special types of steels.
|Name of the ore site||Industrial reserves