Kokbulak iron ore deposit
Source: Kazakh Invest
- Indicator Results
- Investment amount, thousand US dollars 418 986
- NPV of the Project thousand, US dollars 36 668
- IRR, % 14,9%
- IBITDA yield, % 24%
- Payback period, years 9,4
- Discounted payback period, years - - 16,3
Development of the Kokbulak iron ore deposit and construction of an iron ore concentrate processing plant
418,986 thousand US dollars
8 million tons per year
concentrate with an iron content of at least 60% for the production of steel
24 years, including the construction period
domestic market, export to Russia and China
- Large iron ore reserves – Kazakhstan ranks 11th in the world in terms of iron ore reserves with a share of 2% of world reserves.
- High demand – the demand for iron ore is primarily due to the demand for steel, which directly reflects the trends in the development of the world economy.
- Export potential – due to the fact that the volumes of iron ore produced in the country fully meet the domestic demand for this product, the main share of pellets and concentrate produced in the republic is supplied abroad. At the same time, the key sales markets (90-99%) are Russia and China.
Reserves of the Kokbulak field
||P2O5 , %
|Off-balance sheet resources|